Concept Management are the go to company when you are looking to dispose of old computer equipment. When you are looking to dispose of computer equipment it is important to choose the right partner with the right accreditation but more importantly choose a partner who has the attitude and commitment to getting it right first time.
Management are specialist in data security and are experts at managing the data implications regarding the disposal of old computer.
Concept covers the whole of the UK for computer recycling and disposal, we can make sure your old computer equipment is put to good use as well as providing you with all the paperwork required for the WEEE directive and Data Destruction laws.
Concept collects and disposes of computers and computer related equipment including keyboards, monitor and printers. Specialise in the removal of anything IT related such as telecoms, audio-visual, cables, whiteboards, in fact if it’s in your office – we’ll take it!
We will also remove redundant and end of life equipment from anywhere in the United Kingdom.
IT Equipment Recycling
IT and computer equipment is a fast expanding stream of UK waste. Consumers frequently change computers and IT hardware and the computer waste mountain builds and builds. Millions of obsolete computers are discarded annually.
Why recycle IT & computer equipment?
IT and computer equipment consists of monitors, printers, hard drives and circuit boards. Such items should never be thrown out because they contain toxic substances. Electronic waste often ends up in the developing world, and the UN’s Environment Programme is alarmed by the amount of electronic goods that are improperly disposed of overseas. There is increasing concern about the pollution caused by hazardous chemicals and heavy metals in Africa, Asia and South America.
New legislation came into force in 2007 to cover waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). The regulations have significant implications for those who treat or recover WEEE, and stipulate that users must store, collect, treat, recycle and dispose of WEEE separately from other waste. It is now a requirement that you obtain and keep proof that your WEEE was given to a waste management company such as Concept, and was treated and disposed of in an environmentally sound way.
We provide all relevant compliant paperwork including a written agreement of the work to be carried out, waste transfer note, duty of care, consignment note, asset register and certificate of destruction.
Our accreditation speak for themselves including:
- ISO Standards
- Data Security
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- ICO Registration
- NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit Accreditation
- BS EN 15713 – Approved Secure Destruction of Confidential Material
- BS 7858 – Screening of Individuals Employed in a Security Environment
- Crown Commercial Services Framework
- NCSC Data Erasure Approved Standard
- ADISA Practitioner Course
- BSIA – Member of the British Security Industry Association
- WEEE Compliance
- Authorised Treatment Facility Permit
- Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF) Permit
- Waste Broker and Carrier Licence and Hazardous Waste Broker and Carrier
- Duty of Care Licence
- WAMITAB Qualified Staff Members
- COTC Certificate of Technical Competence
- SMETA – Environmental Conformity Assessment
- SMETA – SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit Report
- Chartered Institution of Wastes Management
- Permits and license
- Partners and Industry Bodies