The BS EN 15713:2009 standard provides a framework of key conditions to be adhered to by companies who destroy confidential information on behalf of their customers; the security of this information being integral to this.
As the BS EN 15713 covers several aspects which are integral to both service delivery and customer satisfaction, Concept have taken the decision to implement this standard in conjunction with the ISO 27001.
This is bringing Concept in line with the industry norm and seeks to reinforce the importance of training, infrastructure and traceability which are common to both standards.
Why BS EN 15713 certification?
By obtaining the BS EN 15713 certification you convey to your customers that you dispose of their confidential waste in a secure, controlled manner, with the process regulated by on-going external audits.
Certification is relevant to companies who are or planning to dispose of high volumes of confidential material securely and safely.
Benefits to us, clients and staff:
- Provides a traceable and specific framework to ensure the secure destruction of confidential information is compliant
- Helps to minimise the risk, thereby protecting against any damage to business reputation and preventing potential financial implications
- Directs the business to recycling the end product, therefore having a positive impact on the environment which helps to satisfy social corporate responsibility
- Enhanced business reputation which can lead to enhanced business opportunities, as you prove your commitment to confidentially
- Increases customer confidence and gives reassurance that you follow a recognised specialist standard whilst disposing of their confidential material
- Helps customers reduce the risk of damage to their company reputation and potential fines by allowing them to have a formalised policy of secure document disposal
- Helps to enhance their corporate social responsibility by entering into partnership with a company that takes their responsibilities seriously through recycling the end product
- Improves confidence within the workforce as the recruitment, selection and staff screening process is consistently controlled
- Clearly defined processes and procedures in relation to disposal of confidential material reduces the risk of accidental exposure to employees, and also enhances corporate identity through conformity of process
- Improved morale and motivation as business opportunities are increased